Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cress Marathon-Possibly?

     Hi guise, today's post is not a review. It's more of an update of what exactly I am doing at this moment.
As a college student with much mandatory reading, I cannot focus on this blog as much as I used to. So, sadly the maximum of book reviews I will put up will between 1-2 books for a month. (Ugh, so much for trying to become big.)

Wahhh!!!! So long for days when I could read what I want endlessly!!!!

      Back to seriousness. Today, I finally bought Cress in Barnes and Noble. I am aware that buying from B&N is expensive. (Believe me, I wrote a whole entire post about the massive price I've spent on books in that place.) But seriously, it was the quickest way for me to acquire the book. If I was going to be practical, I should be using Amazon for my purchases. Unfortunately, I don't have a credit card to make purchases and I really don't feel like buying an Amazon gift card every month. Plus, I like to view a book in its glory in a bookstore. The smell, the touch, the feel of a book make my sensors feel intrigued as I view a book. 

    For the next few days, I will try to read the book as quickly as I can. But I will be interrupted from the process due to my art class on Saturday and my 20th birthday which is also on Saturday. (Yes, I'm that old.) I feel happy as a fan of this book series. I have been with the Lunar Chronicles fandom since 2012, when I read the first 5 chapters of Cinder from a sample. 
So hyped to read this!

   Since I was in high school, I rarely bought books. It was months before the library from my high school had the book. I guess I was lucky to borrow it since I was able to devour it quickly compared to other books I have borrowed in the past. Anyways, its only recently where I'm acting like a total maniac for these books. I do write fanfiction, I have made fan art. (Neither is up on the internet.) But, I can't make myself go completely bonkers for the whole thing. (Seriously besides school work, I am also writing me original stories and trying to piece a collaborative Sailor Moon doujinshi project together.) As much as possible, I will TRY to keep the review as non biased as possible and I will also try to post a review on Good Reads. (Not that I will reveal my account.) 

Later,
Neko

No comments:

Post a Comment