Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars Review???

Okay, guise!
    Finally I will review The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. The Fault in Our Stars is a realistic love story between Hazel, a stage IV cancer survivor and Augustus, another cancer survivor. They meet at a weekly support group and develop a sweet, melancholic relationship. Hazel is obsessed with a novel about cancer called An Imperial Affliction. She longs to know what happens in the ending after the author ended it openly. So August arranges for them to travel to Amsterdam to meet the author. The journey between the two lovers sets ground for a blossoming love and bitter disappointments.

    Okay, I really did like this book but I had a lack of concentration when reading this book. The past few days I was reading this book, snow hit my area and there was no school for a few days. Plus, I was easily distracted with everything surrounding me. Back to the story. I really found this book refreshing compared to the other books I have been reading in the past few months. (I know this is realistic YA, but I read mass amounts of fantasy YA for the last two months.) The love story between Hazel and Augustus was weird, quirky and eccentric, but it left a sweet, bittersweet taste that you wished that ended sweet. While reading the book, it left me a great thought. I really wish I could meet a guy like Augustus who could like me for the way I am and would do anything for me. (Minus the cancer part on Augustus and Hazel's parts.) 

What an adorable love story! But it ended bittersweet. :(

   While the book did not leave me in tears like other readers, this book left an impression on me. (The main emotions I express when reading a book are excitement, anger or indifference. I'm not much of a crier.) Why can't a love be perfect like that without a bitter conclusion. Why can't I find the perfect person to be in love with? Would the person I love do anything to make me happy? All these questions make me think, "Will I find an Augustus to my Hazel in real life without bitter circumstances?" Honestly, I don't know. But I will wait one day for the answer to that question.

    I hope that this review did not go completely off topic. (Or completely vague.)
See you guise in the next blog,
Neko

No comments:

Post a Comment