Friday, February 14, 2014

Love Themed TBRs

Hi guise,
It's Neko.

   Sorry for going kinda odd on the last post. I'm going to admit that it was kinda selfish, but I have my reasons for posting that. For the last few weeks, I was debating of buying Cress from Target or Barnes and Noble. I would have chosen Target in a heartbeat over B&N and save myself some money, but I ended up going to B&N. I misread the Target website since it said not sold in stores. A week later after I walked into the book section and found Cress there with Scarlet and Cinder for a much lower price with a Target exclusive bonus story.

Yeah, I should have waited longer for the better deal.

      But the price of the book did not affect my view on the book, but being that I'm Filipino, the lower the price, the better. (Seriously, me buying anything requires playing the lower price game.) So that's why my title of my last blog was #AsianFirstWorldProblems.



  Anyways, today is Valentine's Day. Ahhh! The scenes of red with roses, chocolates and diamond necklaces and having dinner with my boyfriend. Who am I kidding, I never had a love life?



     Starting off with the love themed TBRs, I will be reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. This book is about Hazel, a stage IV cancer survivor who meets a guy named August, another cancer survivor in  a support group. The two befriend and eventually fall in love. Yes, I did buy this book because of the hype but I wanted to see how I would like the book.


     Next in the list of TBRs is Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor & Park. This book is about two misfit teenagers in 1986, who fall in love despite knowing that first loves never last. Again, just like the book above,  I bought it because of the hype and how other book reviewers like reading Rainbow Rowell. So, I'm also giving her a try. 

      Lastly in this list of Love Themed TBRs is Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl. Like the other books above, I bought it because of the hype and the fact that it is about a fangirl. Cath is a major fangirl of a book series called Simon Snow with her twin sister Wren. They wrote fanfictions, hanged out in Simon Snow forums and cosplayed  at every movie premiere. Now that they are in college, Wren is not as much a fan of Simon Snow compared to her sister. She would not room with her sister in college. Cath is now on her own, trying to survive the world outside of her comfort zone.


This book reminded me of myself in ways. I was a fangirl of many multiple things that most of my teenage years were ranging. When I was 12-14 years old, I loved watching Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon Drama). When I was 14-16, I had an embarrassing stage when I discovered anime. (And possibly made myself an outcast by worshiping it.) I will be happy to step into reading the books, experiencing  the days of being a fangirl again.

Later guise, and have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Love, Neko


No comments:

Post a Comment