Friday, February 28, 2014

Last Post of February!

Hi guise,
     This an abruptly written post. I was going to write about the Percy Jackson series, but I ended up putting that post on hold due to laziness yesterday and an overwhelming migraine today. After the migraine stopped, I ventured out of my house and went shopping at Target. I know that I write about shopping at Target a lot since a Target opened near my house around October. There is another Target in the town where I live, but I can only take one bus there and it is a 20-30 minute ride. Plus, I have to shell out $5.00 going there and back compared to spending $2.50 on ride and a transfer on going there and going home. (#AsianFirstWorldProblems.) 

Ah sigh, the problems of a bargain hunter.

    Anyways, I shop at Target due to their lower prices on books compared retailers such as Barnes and Noble. (Cough, cough-Cress) Today I stopped by to buy books for the last time until Easter comes. Yeah, I'm Catholic and I still believe in giving up things for 40 days and 40 nights. If the snowy weather will not kill me by Tuesday, I will buy Cruel Beauty by Rosemund Podge with either Control by Lydia Kang or Tsarina by J Nelle Patrick. After Ash Wednesday hits, I will be forced to read books from my bookshelf that are unread, the new books I bought today and books I received for my birthday. My only way to buy new books is to buy from a thrift store because it will cost less than $5 and the money will go back to charity. Plus, I'm curious about how much money will be in my wallet by the 3rd week of April.

Goodbye going to Target to buy more books!

     On the other hand, my school work is piling up. So I only have time to read two books a month rather than four. I wish I could pause my life and have hours to read, but life does not work that way. So, I will try my best to maintain this blog with my busy life. Moving on to what I bought today, I picked up three books from Target. Divergent by Veronica Roth, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead and The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. After going to Target, I went in to the nearest Stop and Shop and browsed their book section. Surprisingly, some books there are 25% off compared to Target's 15-20% off. I went into the bargain book bin and picked up My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher. I will write more on the full summaries of these books after I review them. (And yes, I am aware that Vampire Academy and Divergent are now in film form.) 
Until next time, 
Neko

No comments:

Post a Comment