Friday, January 24, 2014

Tired, Two Week Book Buying Ban

      Hi guys, I'm sorry for not writing sooner. (Argh! I always say this in every blog.) Unlike the last circumstances of the last blogs, I just simply run out of steam.

How I Was After Writing the Last Blog

     My back was sore from writing my blog and my eyes were flickering from looking at a computer screen. (I had Computer Vision Syndrome from watching anime and Korean dramas nonstop without rest. So I unplugged myself for two days before looking at a screen.) During the past few days, I have been reading books I bought this month. I was getting cabin fever from not leaving my house for a certain period of time, so I ventured to Target on a snowy day. That was not really enjoyable, but I really needed to get the last three Percy Jackson books. Unfortunately, I was not able to get The Last Olympian. (Bummer!) I wanted to venture to the older and further Target today to see if the book was there, but I didn't feel like going on a 20-30 minute bus ride on a really cold day and with icy conditions. So for some reason, I ended up in the closer and newer Target doing absolutely nothing. (Sorry guise, I did not buy books today.) I did not buy books there because I've bought about $80.00 of my own money for books. (BLEAGHHH!!!) Yeah. But these purchases were not in vain. I've read every book I have bought this month. So until Cress comes out, I will be on a book buying ban for two weeks. (My wallet and my bookshelves will be happy!)

     Ugh, for the past week I've binged read four books : The Titan's Curse and The Battle of the Labyrinth, both by Rick Riordan, along with The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken and Legend by Marie Lu. Because I'm really tired and school for me is starting on Monday, my next review will definitely be in a week or so with Cress.
   
   I like the Percy Jackson series so far, but I personally like The Sea of Monsters and The Titan's Curse of the most. I really like how the books can expand more with the gods and newer characters and the connections with old myths.

   With The Darkest Minds, I struggled reading with it and I did not know how to describe my feelings for the book until the very end. 

 I was annoyed with Ruby because she kept complaining and thinking that she's worthless. I also was very annoyed with the ending of the book. I felt like as the runaways tried to find a utopia and peace, it seemed that there was no such thing and the obsession with a letter. Why did it matter to give the letter if most parents sent their children away to the camp? Also, I was confused about the premises of the colors, the camps and the other associations. 

   When I started reading Legend, I still felt a little emotionless. (Dystopian is not really my favorable type of genre when choosing a book.) 
    But, I really liked the book. While I have read other reviews that Day and June seemingly have the same voice, I don't see it in that way. June is acting as a she was taught to be and Day is the way he is because of the events that happened to him. I liked how the book had an in-depth explanation of what was going on in the book. (Seriously, almost every question was explained throughout the whole book in a well-written way.) I think I will be buying the second book Prodigy in the future.

    That's all I will be posting for now folks. Definitely Cress will be the next book I review. Though I'm debating whether I should get it in Barnes and Noble for $18.99 or wait if Target will have for a lower price.
See you until later,
Neko



No comments:

Post a Comment