Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Opinions on Tiger's Curse

     Sorry guise for not posting for a while. I am in the midst of having writers, reader's and artist's block at the same time mixed with boredom and confusion. I don't really think I will writing or reading much at this moment. I seriously don't want to give you a very unenthusiastic post with most of the review ending up like a summary. That is not my style. I originally was going to write  a long post about my opinions of the Tiger's Curse series by Colleen Houck but, I felt uninspired and was writing something not in the way I usually approach things.

     I was going to read the first two Percy Jackson books: The Lightning Thief and The Sea of Monsters and review them eventually but, I really feel empty when reading anything now. It really should not be hard for me to get into the book. I know I would like the book series as is but, I am kinda at a down point now. So I will be taking a short break from blogging for the next few days.

     Next week, I will be rereading Marissa Meyer's Scarlet with the read-a-thon. I was going to read it to get more information to use when writing fanfiction, but I ended up buying the Tiger's Curse series and devouring them instead. Down below, I will be putting short, but simple opinionated reviews on the books.
(Keep in mind, when book 5 comes out, I will put out a more serious review compared to the short posts.)

Book 1: Tiger's Curse


Kelsey: I like how she's strong and not afraid of the challenges ahead. I like how she's not afraid of challenges. I don't like how stubborn she is.

Ren: Tiger becomes hot guy. Perfect with a chiseled bronze chest, beautiful long hair and blue eyes. (Drools and fangirls  every time man-Ren appears in book.)

Kishan: Ooohh! Hot tiger guy has a brother. Even more buffer and brawny. (Please make this an otome game!)

Book 2: Tiger's Quest



Kelsey: Understandably sad and mopey. Still pines for Ren. Has 3 awkward dates. Becomes a hopeless romantic when Ren show's up. Only to lose him again as he lost his memory.

Ren: Shows up out of nowhere. (Still drools every time he comes on page.) His romantic gestures become borderline Harlequin novel. (Blushes and squees!) Sadly gives up his memories of Kelsey in captivity.

Kishan: Appears as the awkward comic foil. Starts falling for Kelsey.

Book 3: Tiger's Voyage



(Book needs less romance and more quest!!!)

Kelsey: I feel sad for the first 5 chapters. She really is getting annoying. She constantly argues with Ren and gets hurt over and over again. Chooses Kishan over Ren despite her true feelings. Will you please stop the classic t.v. references. It appears no one is getting it. She becomes a damsel in distress and eventually gets kidnapped by Lokesh. (Great !)

Ren: Lost memory. Argues with Kelsey. Gets domineering with Kells. Starts dating a bimbo named Randi. (Great choice.) Finally gets his memory back near the end of the book. (Took too freaking long!)

Kishan: I feel bad for him. The girl he loves is in love with another guy. Yet she still chooses him for security.

Book 4: Tiger's Destiny


(Yes! No more stupid petty arguments between Kells and Ren. More quest! Ending too rushed!)

Kelsey: Finally gets a backbone and starts using her brain. Chooses Kishan when he proposes to her. (Why!!!) Realizes Ren is the one in the end and marries him. (Are you freaking serious?)

Ren: Finally respect Kelsey and Kishan's relationship. (About time. SMH.)

Kishan: Proposes to Kelsey. Becomes Durga's tiger in the end. (Okay, seriously! I knew there was some spark with Kishan and Durga during the whole series. But couldn't you at least give Kishan and Durga a few flirting scenes before the last battle?)

Overall: This series is a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars for me. I felt like the books were stronger in the first two books and things that were blatant obvious like Kelsey and Ren, should have not taken a long,
 emotional road trip as it did.

I'm sorry if this is longer than what it seemed. So I'll be bidding you adieu until next time.
Neko



No comments:

Post a Comment