Monday, January 6, 2014

Bought Two Books Today, Fangirling Later

 
        Today's post is not a book review, it is more of a progress report of how I am reading a series.  As I've  mentioned in my previous blog, I have been reading Colleen Houck's Tiger's Curse series.
I never heard of the series until I bought the second book, Tiger's Quest in T.J. Maxx for $5.  
 
 (Yes, bargain price did play its way for me to buy it.) Price was not the reason I picked the book. I was merely intrigued by the story line. Girl falls in love with 300 year old Indian Prince with a curse, how much more interesting can this book series get. Honestly, I get very picky when choosing a book series to start. My particular taste, according to my personal bookshelf is between fairy tale like novels and books set in steampunk situations. (Hence why one of my shelves is full of Gail Carriger books.) I'm not that fond of dystopian  yet nor have I read much of  that  genre. ( I will try to read more btw.) I'm also not fond of reading paranormal romances. Too many books of guy meets girl who need to be saved in the end by guy situations.




    For me, finding a book series is like finding a Korean drama. (Yes, I occasionally watch a Korean drama when I don't read books.) I don't like reading books that feel formulaic  or when I know I won't connect with them easily. But I do end up reading books like those sometimes when I can't help it. As a reader, I personally like buying books when they really interest me. When I buy a book, I feel like I can be personal with it since it's mine to hold and keep.

   Okay getting back to topic, I later bought the first book in the series, Tiger's Curse.  I started to read happily as Kelsey started to bond with the tiger, Ren. Generally, I liked the vivid descriptions from Kelsey's perspective as she describes her journey from her job at the circus to India. I felt like I was there with her
her encounter with the human Ren. The descriptions of Ren literally wanted to make me fan girl every time he came into picture. But the journey of Ren and Kelsey to find the a way to break the curse drew me in to know the progress of how Ren and his brother Kishan will become human.

  As I started book 2, I started to fangirl more. As Ren stepped into Kelsey's life in Oregon, I started giggling like a school girl every time Ren romantically pursued or flirted with Kelsey. At times I thought there would be a naughty little scene that will make me blush. There were a couple of those intimate moments. (Cough, cough.)


     Today, I bought Tiger's Voyage and Tiger's Destiny, which I will be reading (fangirling) for the next four days. As I begin book 3, I will be picking up on the next journey as Kelsey, Ren and Kishan go on their next quest to continue the path to break the 300 year old curse. Though it is sad of what happens of what has happened to Kelsey and Ren's relationship at the end of Tiger's Quest. (Come on, why does each book end with a relationship problem?) I hope I will enjoy it like the other ones.
Thanks for reading, Neko.



No comments:

Post a Comment