Saturday, March 28, 2015

This Is So Late-Daily Painting Review

     Two months ago, I ordered a book called Daily Painting by Carol Marine. I was going to review it last month, but I got very busy with life. I ordered it at the time because I'm currently taking Intro to Painting in college. My skills currently as a painter are decent, but overall it is an enjoyable class. Though I am reviewing this book, to truly experience this book is to challenge yourself with daily painting. At this moment, I cannot do daily painting due to my responsibilities as a student. But I will try to do it on a break though.

                                             An interesting perspective on improving artwork.

     To define the ideas of this novel is all about inspiration. The novel despite being an instructional, also tells about the daily experiences of a daily painter. When the author first started daily painting, she was in a rough time period. From past experiences, the author was discouraged by her art upbringings, causing her to be lost and experimenting with different fields.  She also lost her motivation and  inspiration to go paint a piece. As her son was young, she discovered the movement of daily painting from another artist 's blog. The artist sold $100 from small daily paintings he made. This made a spark within the author to try doing it. The art of daily painting takes a more simpler approach according to one 's taste. By painting one small painting per day, the author managed to strengthen her skill and confidence to paint once again. She eventually started selling the paintings and blogging them.

     The book really explains the common art techniques to be focused on when daily painting and also provides additional support with saturation of colors and show cases other artists. Though I could not experience daily painting myself as a whole, I will indeed try in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment