Wednesday, May 27, 2015

How to Get Dressed - Review

     Hi guise, this is really late. I should have posted this review weeks ago, but I kinda became neglectful of this blog as usual. 

Yeah, lack of inspiration.

     Due to finals and overload of work, my current content is reviewing how-to books due to the ease of their content. I hope by soon that I can get back to reading normal fiction. But I won't be posting anything in July due to school. 

      On wards to today's review.  Today's book is How To Get Dressed: A Costume Designer's Secrets for Making Your Clothes Look, Fit, and Feel Amazing by Alison Freer. This book was sent to me by Blogging for Books.


Really nice display.

     I chose this book because I am an avid shopper trying to improve the way I dress. So, I decided to give this book a go. The book follows sections of advice from Freer's experiences as a costume designer. The book provides advice on how to wear something according to your body type or how to wear something properly. Though most of the content of this book is quite helpful, it can often be redundant at times. The book emphasizes the importance of tailoring a lot. Despite this, I think it is a good read for those who want some advice from time to time for how to get clothes properly fitted rather than personal style.

No comments:

Post a Comment